This Saturday, our guests are Brian Pelletier of Kakao Chocolate, Dale Schotte of Park Avenue Coffee (and Gooey Butter Cake champion!) and Elaine Abramson, a woman who lost 85 pound by only eating restaurant food!
Listen Saturday, 11:00 a.m. to noon, on 590-AM, KFNS and on kfns.com.
Listen to archived versions of Food Talk STL by clicking on the “Past Shows” tab at the top of this page or by clicking here.
Please help spread the word about our show by mentioning it to all your friends!
Huge thanks to all the people who have been on Food Talk STL through our first 12 shows! Here’s a list of guests who have visited the show so far:
- Kevin Willmann, chef/owner Farmhaus restaurant
- Ian Froeb, Riverfront Times restaurant critic
- Wes Johnson, chef/owner Salt restaurant
- Gail Pennington, St. Louis Post-Dispatch TV critic
- Jim Fiala, restaurant owner/chef (The Crossing, Liluma, Acero)
- Cory King, Perennial Artisan Ales brewer/craft beer writer, Sauce
- Ligaya Figeras, senior staff writer Sauce magazine
- Nate Selsor, bartender at Monarch restaurant
- Jennifer Silverberg, food photographer (RFT, STL mag, Sauce, Feast)
- George Mahe, St. Louis magazine dining editor
- John Johnson, executive chef Lumiere Place/River City Casinos
- Joy Grdnic, owner The Fountain on Locust
- Andrea Kocinski, owner Andrea’s Gluten Free
- Amanda Doyle, author of Finally, A Locally Produced Guidebook to St. Louis By and For St. Louisans, Neighborhood by Neighborhood
- Paul and Wendy Hamilton, owners of 1111 Mississippi, Vin de Set, PW Pizza
- Beckie Jacobs, owner of Serendipity Ice Cream
- David Choi and Andy Heck, owners of Seoul Taco food truck
- Jason Greene, manager of John D. McGurk’s
- Suzanne Corbett, St. Louis food/travel writer and instructor
- Evan Benn, Hip Hops columnist St. Louis Post-Dispatch
- Sarah Newlon, Marketing Director, Black Finn restaurant
- Stephen Proctor, Fox Theatre Food & Beverage coordinator
- Andy Ayers, former owner of Riddle’s Penultimate, now owner of Eat Here St. Louis local food distributor.
- Randy Sims, St. Louis wine enthusiast
- Douglas Denny, Waiter at The Crossing
- Ginger Gall, Dierberg’s School of Cooking manager/instructor
- Kevin O’Leary, owner O’Leary’s Bar and Grill
- Fabrizio Schenardi, Executive Chef, Four Seasons Hotel
- Araceli Kopiloff-Zimmer, owner of Rue Lafayette Café
- Matt Sorrell of Ladue News “Spicy Bits,” Feast and Alive magazine
- Alec Van Meijeren, Assistant Food & Beverage Manager, Cielo
- Brian Labuda, marketing head of Pearl Vodka
- Eric Heckman, owner of Tani Sushi Bistro
- Cassy Vires, owner/chef of Home Wine Kitchen
Our guests this Saturday will be Eric Heckman of Tani Sushi Bistro in Clayton and Cassy Vires of Home Wine Kitchen in Maplewood.
You can click on our “Recipes” tab at the top of the page for Cassy’s Lemon Curd recipe—it sounds delicious!
You can click on our “Past Shows” tab to hear our on-air conversations with a long list of great guests.
In the meantime, thank you for telling a friend about our show, which is on every Saturday, 11:00 a.m. to noon, on 590-AM, KFNS.
Along with Matt Sorrell of Feast magazine and the Ladue News, today’s show will feature a chat with Araceli Kopiloff-Zimmer of Rue Lafayette Cafe on the south side of Lafayette Square in St. Louis.
Also visiting today is Brian Labuda, executive manager and brand director for the company that markets Pearl Wedding Cake Vodka.
Here’s my review of “Jiro Dreams of Sushi,” which just opened Friday, April 13, at the Tivoli in the U. City Loop. This movie is, I think, a “must-see” for chefs and foodies (especially sushi lovers).
This Saturday (4/14), food writer Matt Sorrell will be in studio to talk about which new spots in town and in the ‘burbs are attracting his attention. Matt writes the Spicy Bits column for Ladue News.
If you click on the “Past Shows” tab at the top of this page, you can listen to audio clips from last Saturday’s show, including: a chat with Crossing waiter Douglas Denney, Janet and Nikki from The Caramel House and chef Fabrizio and manager Alec from Cielo at the Four Seasons hotel.
Saturday’s guests are:
- Four Seasons Hotel chef Fabrizio Schenardi to talk about their family Easter brunch (with petting zoo, etc.)
- The Crossing server Douglas Denney who will tell what servers want us (diners) to know about their work
- Pizza man Al Carfagno from Mama Gusto’s Pizza in Lebanon (IL) and south St. Louis
- Janet Shulman of The Caramel House
We will be giving away three prize packs, each with gift cards from Tani Sushi Bistro and passes to see new movie “Jiro Dreams of Sushi.”
Listen 11:00 a.m.-noon on 590-AM, The Fan, KFNS!
This Saturday (4/7) on Food Talk STL, we’ll be giving away passes to see the movie “Jiro Dreams of Sushi” along with gift certificates from Tani Sushi Bistro in Clayton!
The movie opens April 13 at the Tivoli in U. City. This documentary introduces you to a Tokyo sushi bar owner with an amazing passion for excellence in sushi. Tani, on Bemiston in Clayton, offers traditional and fusion-style sushi, stunning signature rolls, as well as classic Japanese cuisine.
Listen Saturday, 11:00 a.m. to noon, to 590-AM, KFNS, for your chance to win.
The Bacon Coffin is not really made of bacon. But it does look kind of like bacon. Designed to put the “fun” back in funerals.
Video is from KIRO television in Seattle. (Runs 2:39)