Capitalist Pig, located at the Mad Art Gallery, 2727 South 12th Street, just north of the A-B brewery, has a big event set for Wednesday, July 8, 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Sowsed (get it?), a vodka-themed barbecue dinner featuring Cardinal Sin vodka from St. Louis Distillery, will infuse vodka into every aspect of the meal, from smoking to sauces.
Among the menu items for Sowsed from Capitalist Pig chef Ron Buechele:
- Barrel-smoked pork and pear with lemon vodka compote. (Smoked over wood from the vodka aging barrels.)
- Vodka braised smoked brisket with with roasted grapes, carrots and garlic and more (pictured below).
- Black bean salad with corn, hominy, red peppers and avocado in a vodka-lime cilantro vinaigrette.
- Stuffed conchiglie with pork belly bacon and vodka arribiata sauce.
- Drunken summer vegetables.
- And… a vodka-infused dessert!
Of course, the meal will be accompanied by a flight of Cardinal Sin vodka cocktails.
Hot jazz/swing band Miss Jubilee will provide live music.
But wait, there’s more! Each diner age 21 and over will take home a 375mL bottle of Cardinal Sin Starka.
Cost of the dinner is 49/person and tickets may be purchased from BrownPaperTickets.com or by clicking HERE.
One more thing: If you’ve never been to the Mad Art Gallery and Capitalist Pig, you should know that the building has a big sign out front that reads “Police.” It’s there for a reason. The building is the former Third District St. Louis Police Station.